Fiber internet has many benefits, however one area that may not be realized is the impact it can have on your health.
A lot of people may not have heard of the term eHealth and if they have, may not understand exactly what it is and what impact it can have on health care services.
eHealth is a relatively new term that has evolved since 1999 through the introduction of a variety of electronic processes and communications.
eHealth allows you to manage your health care alongside your practitioner with the help of online services that give you access to your personal data as well as a plethora of other services that only become apparent online.
The benefits that e-health can bring to families can potentially be life changing and lifesaving. Here is how;
- Better quality data can be processed electronically, this can then be shared for more effective treatment.
- Recordings can be taken on devices and stored for reference enabling comparisons to be made if necessary in the future.
- Test results can be shared quicker than before enabling faster diagnosis and better care.
- Quality of care is enhanced by opening up access to make comparisons with other providers.
- Secure, high quality information can be established from a variety of sources ensuring a more informed diagnosis.
- eHealth boundaries are unlimited. Consumers can easily obtain health services online globally, useful for when you are on holiday.
- You can talk to your doctor remotely via video conferencing.
- Condition monitoring data can be relayed wirelessly and your doctor or carer could intercept your results live at any time of the monitoring process.
- Using an online system, appointments can be made, repeat prescription orders can be placed and you can update your personal information.
- Better sharing of information through secure digitisation of records will eradicate the need for insecure paperwork, negating the risk of data protection breaches, loss or damage.
eHealth is all about giving power back to the people and making health open to everyone, enabling a better, more open relationship with your health care services.
Alcatel-Lucent’s technology and managed services enhance SiFi Networks’ offer of funding, building and operating world-class fiber networks to US communities
Gigabit Cities Live 2015, Atlanta, Georgia, May 11, 2015 –Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been approved by fiber optics network provider SiFi Networks as its preferred vendor for providing equipment and ongoing network operations services to its FiberCities™ program in the United States.
SiFi Networks is an international fiber network developer that funds, builds and operates world-class fiber optic networks – supporting gigabit-per-second and beyond broadband connectivity to consumers and businesses throughout the US.
With many American communities still lacking ultra-broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent and SiFi Networks will work together to build, deploy and manage Fiber-to-the-Premise (FTTP) networks over which internet service providers can deliver an array of next generation services.
SiFi Networks has already struck deals in California and Kentucky to build FTTP networks, with discussions taking place with several other cities across the United States. The increased bandwidth and efficiency of a SiFi Networks’ FiberCity™ can stimulate growth within a community by attracting new businesses and residents, and enhancing government, safety, education and health care services.
- Alcatel-Lucent is SiFi Networks’ preferred vendor for equipment and operations to their FTTP networks delivering ultra-broadband access to US communities.
- Network equipment and deployment architecture can already support speeds of one, ten and even higher gigabit-per-second services, making it attractive for long term infrastructure investment programs.
- SiFi Networks will lease capacity on the fiber network to Communication and Internet Service Providers in order to deliver advanced communication services to residents at home, work or on the move.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing an end-to-end, open service FTTP network supported by its 7360 Intelligent Services Access Manager, 7750 Service Router and 7638 Optical Network Terminal. It will also operate each city’s network on behalf of SiFi Networks as a managed service.
- The Alcatel-Lucent FTTP network will offer superior resiliency and availability to support growing residential and commercial communication demands for ultra-broadband services.
Ben Bawtree-Jobson, CEO of SiFi Networks said:
“SiFi Networks’ FiberCity™ model requires the best technology available with long term stability and quality of service. Alcatel-Lucent’s impressive technological platform, combined with their high class managed services put them ahead of their competition. This deal for SiFi Networks furthers our unique turnkey FiberCity™ solution to expand across the USA. “
Charles Marsh, President of North America Sales, Alcatel-Lucent said: “SiFi Networks brings an innovative and flexible financing and construction program to the market. Together with Alcatel-Lucent’s vendor managed, best in class FTTP infrastructure, the result is a dependable and scalable solution for communities wanting to bring fiber based services to their constituents. It delivers the high speed, high capacity broadband necessary for meeting the consumer and business broadband demands for today and decades to come. SiFi Networks and Alcatel-Lucent will put these communities among the elite in the United States with gigabit and beyond capable connectivity.”
About SiFi Networks
SiFi Networks funds, builds and operates fiber optic networks enabling service providers to deliver dozens of next generation applications including superfast internet, video and phone, creating SiFi Networks’ FiberCities™ throughout the USA and Europe.
For more information visit SiFi Networks www.sifinetworks.com or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/SiFiNetworks
SiFi Networks’ Press Contacts:
Sara Pickstock email@example.com
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is the leading IP networking, ultra-broadband access and cloud technology specialist. We are dedicated to making global communications more innovative, sustainable and accessible for people, businesses and governments worldwide. Our mission is to invent and deliver trusted networks to help our customers unleash their value. Every success has its network.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog and follow the Company on Twitter: @Alcatel_Lucent.