Quality Assurance/Quality Control Field Personnel – Fullerton, CA
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE EMAIL
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Fullerton, CA
No relocation package available
As North America’s leading privately-owned open access fiber optic network developer operating in the last mile – we are delivering networks which are inspiring freedom of choice and excellent customer service.
SiFi Networks is delivering open access fiber networks right across the US called FiberCities™, called so because fiber passes every single home and business in the city and Smart City access points are put in place as standard, developing a future proofed city for generations to come.
SiFi Networks America are looking for suitable QAQC field personnel to monitor and report on daily construction and fiber optic blowing activities in the development of FTTH projects within several potential Cities within California. The present requirement is to employ QAQC field personnel for the current construction project in the City of Fullerton CA.
• Experience in construction or civil engineering.
• Computer literate, able to work with windows-based systems and Microsoft Office.
• QAQC experience in any type of construction or project management.
• Ability to work as part of a team and understand daily responsibilities.
• Work with the contractor’s management team and be able to attend site meetings and resolve issues.
• Have a strong character and be forceful and demanding with contractors when necessary.
• Have the ability to gain respect from construction crews and work alongside them daily overseeing their activities.
• Be punctual with daily and weekly reporting into the management structure.
• Ensure that all contractors are following the guidelines laid down by the developer, training will be provided.
• Experience with fiber optic installations would be beneficial, training will be provided.
• A good understanding of Health & Safety.
• Daily reporting on construction distance achievement’s and completion of construction segments into the management team.
• Weekly reporting RAG spreadsheets.
• Take daily photos and video and upload to SharePoint site.
• Obtain construction reports and schedules from the contractors.
• Work with the city project manager and attend meetings on/off site when required.
• Ensuring that all Health & Safety aspects are being followed and enforce where necessary.
• Ensuring contractors follow the correct process and meets the daily set goals.
Key Construction Activities that Require QAQC Monitoring
• Toolbox Talks
• Chamber Installation
• Lateral cuts/bores
• Micro Trenching
• Micro Duct installation and bead testing
• Health & Safety
• Traffic & pedestrian management
• Cabinet installs
• Hut Installs
• Blown fiber Installation
• Splice enclosure installation
• Completion sign off
These are the general activities that require the attention of QAQC field personnel daily. There are a lot of standard general construction activities that are part of any construction site. However, this construction is based around the installation of fiber ducts and blown fiber cables by means of Micro Trenching. The general design and specific FOCUS system products used in this construction would be explained in a 1-day training session provided before going to site. This is mandatory for any personnel working with the Micro Duct and fiber installations in a Sifi Networks FiberCity™.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com