City Project Manager – Salem, MA
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE EMAIL
Employment Type: Full-time
Travel: 80% field based / 20% office
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Relocation Package: None
As North America’s leading privately-owned open access fiber optic network developer operating in the last mile – we are delivering networks which are inspiring freedom of choice and excellent customer service.
SiFi Networks is delivering open access fiber networks right across the US called FiberCities™, called so because fiber passes every single home and business in the city and Smart City access points are put in place as standard, developing a future proofed city for generations to come.
SiFi Networks is looking for an experienced project manager professional to join the team, that has experience in delivering large multi-faceted telecommunications projects, managing all aspects of the project from delivery timescales, budgets and all contractors.
Your assigned territory will initially cover Salem, MA and potentially surrounding communities. You will be responsible for all elements of the project from mobilization through to project close out.
You must be a highly motivated self-starter, have strong project management skills and be able to provide a demonstrable record of experience in stakeholder management and delivering projects to required scope and budget.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
As a City Project Manager, you will have the responsibility to ensure the success of the citywide build program ensuring the implementation is delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure project are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Liaise with City for permitting applications
- Liaise with Power Company for permitting applications, ensuring all processes are documented and adhered to by all contractors
- Review and maintenance of City Program schedule with assistance of Contractor and Program Team
- Safety coordination with assigned contractors
- Maintaining Risk log and lessons learned
- Financial forecasting & reporting
- Supporting QA/QC of all elements of the project in line with SiFi specified standards
- 5+ years Project Manager Professional
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the either the telecommunications and/or construction sector
- Solid technical background.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office / MS Project or similar Project Management Software