SiFi Networks is looking for an expert community relations communications professional to join its dynamic team!
The Community Relations Specialist (CRS) is SiFi Networks’ independent local leader within the Community Relations Department. The CRS is responsible for developing and managing community relationships at all levels while maintaining local FiberCity® project awareness and support. Success in the CRS role requires an outgoing personality driven toward proactive community relations and problem solving.
The primary assigned territory for this CRS position will be Simi Valley, CA. This position is based 80% field – 20% remote office, with an expectation of daily territory visits.
The CRS career path is laid toward management of surrounding markets that may become FiberCities®.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with local FiberCity® stakeholders to identify project impact to community relations and address expressed resident concerns in market areas
- Engage in timely, direct, and professional communication with residents to manage project concerns to a resolution using various communication channels
- Conduct on-site visits to FiberCity® construction areas to observe, and resolve resident project concerns in-person; daily territory visits to increase community awareness
- Attend FiberCity® marketing and community relations special events (weekly/monthly) organized by SiFi’s central marketing department, and with your local knowledge play an active role in suggesting the best events to attend in the city.
- Actively distribute FiberCity® marketing and community relations materials in the community
- Independently source community engagement opportunities with residents and organizations to increase awareness about the FiberCity® project.
- Lead small and large group FiberCity® information presentations for residents
- Develop a Key Community Partner’s (KCP) portfolio for assigned market area and manage ongoing project relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Update FiberCity® stakeholders on assigned market area community relations status via virtual and in-person project meetings
- Submit weekly and monthly community relations project impact status reports
- Present quarterly CRS plan for community relations market area success
- Reliable and timely with flexible work schedule to accommodate occasional evening & weekend events.
- Consistently provide a friendly, welcoming, and professional demeanor (ambassador)
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. without assistance (event set up)
- Demonstrate organizational and personal integrity via all channels of communication
- Ability to make sound judgment calls independently
Education / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree relevant to Communications and/or 3-5 years of proven experience in community relations/outreach, public relations, or business development
- Professional presentation and public speaking experience required
- Microsoft 365 office experience required (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong project documentation and organizational skills required
- Business and/or public event planning experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (but not required)
Work Location & Travel
- 80% field based, 20% office position with daily territory visits. (Locally remote)
- Must possess Valid driver’s license with a reliable means of business transportation
- Occasional out of market travel required for position training and meetings with national project administrators.
Employment Salary and Benefits
- Full time, salaried position (pay based on experience)
- Mileage reimbursement for local travel and approved expenses outside territory
- SiFi’s generous benefits: 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, medical, and dental
Diversity & Inclusion
SiFi Networks is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage all candidate applications that align with our mission and values.