Monitor and report on daily construction and installation of micro duct, fiber optic cable and associate equipment on SiFi Networks America assigned projects. Field Inspect workmanship activities related to above and below-ground micro duct & fiber optic cable installation. Under the supervision of the VP of Quality Assurance, and the guidance and direction of the area SiFi Project Manager, the Construction Inspector shall monitor the work of contractors to ensure quality control, contract compliance and safety standards are met. Ensure all field work is conducted in accordance with the Fiber Designs, Construction Drawings, Permit Requirements and SiFi Standards.
• Oversee, Inspect and Monitor contractual field work which includes micro trenching, open trenching, potholing, directional boring, placement of fiber chambers and cabinets, placement of duct pathways, power drops, placement of fiber optic cable, and restoration of work areas.
• Act as SiFi Networks safety observer and quality assurance representative while at the site, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal safety requirements, permit requirements, traffic management plans, and design drawings and product standards.
• Interface daily with contractors, clients, and local utilities to ensure all field work progresses according to the approved schedule.
• Ensure that all contractors are following the guidelines laid down by SiFi Networks. Training will be provided.
• Report daily construction issues and achievements to management team. Provide daily reporting on construction distance achievements and completion of construction segments.
• Schedule and chair weekly field meetings.
• Assure contractors are following approved Quality Assurance and Quality Control plans.
• Assure contractors are conducting crew safety and quality control meetings.
• Identity and resolve non-confirming work and maintain a non-conforming log using an assigned digital phone application.
• Take daily photos and video to support field reports.
• Obtain construction reports and schedules from the contractors.
• Work with the city project manager and attend meetings on/off site when required.
• Ensuring contractors follow the correct process and meet the daily set goals.
• Develop punch lists and track closures using assigned digital phone application.
• Experience in construction or civil engineering.
• Computer literate, able to work with windows-based systems and Microsoft Office.
• QAQC experience in any type of construction or project management.
• Ability to work as part of a team and understand daily responsibilities.
• Ability to work with the contractor’s management team and be able to attend site meetings and resolve issues.
• Have a strong character and be forceful and demanding with contractors when necessary.
• Have the ability to gain respect from construction crews and work alongside them daily overseeing their activities.
• Be punctual with daily and weekly reporting into the management structure.
• Experience with fiber optic installations would be beneficial, training will be provided.
• A good understanding of Health & Safety.
• OSHA 30 preferred
Key Construction Activities that require QAQC monitoring
• Toolbox Talks
• Chamber Installation
• Lateral cuts/bores
• Micro Trenching
• Micro Duct installation and bead testing
• Health & Safety
• Traffic & pedestrian management
• Cabinet installs
• Hut Installs
• Blown fiber Installation
• Splice enclosure installation
• Completion sign off
• High School diploma or GED
• 2-year technical degree recommended
• Valid driver’s license
What We Can Offer You (Benefits)
• Company W2 Employee
• Health care stipend
• Expense reimbursement
• Paid vacation and sick leave
$60,000 – $65,000 per year