SiFi Networks America is looking for suitable QAQC field personnel to monitor and report on daily construction and fiber optic blowing activities in the development of FTTH projects within several potential Cities within New England area. The present requirement is to recruit a QAQC Field Inspector for our current construction project in the City of Salem MA.
• Experience in construction or civil engineering.
• Computer literate, able to work with windows-based systems and Microsoft Office.
• QAQC experience in any type of construction or project management.
• Ability to work as part of a team and understand daily responsibilities.
• Work with the contractor’s management team and be able to attend site meetings and resolve issues.
• Have a strong character and be forceful and demanding with contractors when necessary.
• Have the ability to gain respect from construction crews and work alongside them daily overseeing their activities.
• Be punctual with daily and weekly reporting into the management structure.
• Ensure that all contractors are following the guidelines laid down by the Developer, training will be provided.
• Experience with fiber optic installations would be beneficial, training will be provided.
• A good understanding of Health & Safety.
• Daily reporting of construction issues and achievement’s and report into the management team.
• Weekly reporting RAG spreadsheets.
• Record daily photos and video and upload to SharePoint site.
• Work with the city project manager and attend meetings on/off site when required.
• Work closely with the owner’s representative and their QAQC field staff
• Ensure that all Health & Safety aspects are being followed and enforce where necessary.
• Ensure contractors follow the correct process and meet the daily set goals.
• Ensure all contractors working on the project are trained and understand the task in hand. The main aspects of monitoring are listed below
Key Construction Activities that Require QAQC Monitoring:
• Toolbox Talks
• Chamber/handhole Installation
• Lateral cuts/bores
• Micro Trenching
• Micro Duct installation and bead testing
• Health & Safety
• Traffic & pedestrian management
• Cabinet installs
• Hut Installs
• Blown fiber Installation
• Splice enclosure installation
• Completion sign off
These are the general activities that require the attention of QAQC Field Inspectors. There are a lot of standard general construction activities that are part of any construction site. However, this construction is based around the installation of micro ducts and blown fiber cables by means of Micro Trenching. The general design and specific FOCUS system products used in this construction would be explained in a 1-day training session provided before going to site. This is mandatory for any personnel working with the Micro Duct and fiber installations in a Sifi Networks FiberCity®.