Fullerton FiberCity™, CA
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is SiFi Networks?
SiFi Networks is an international network developer, who funds, builds and operates community wide state of the art fiber networks enabling Internet Service Providers to deliver next generation applications including superfast internet, video and phone.
- Is SiFi Networks the Internet Service Provider?
No, SiFi Networks is not the Internet Service Provider we partner with exceptional Internet Service Providers who have excellent customer service and competitive pricing. GigabitNow and Ting are the providers on the Fullerton FiberCity™ Network.
- Who are the Internet Service Providers?
Ting and GigabitNow are the two internet service providers for Fullerton FiberCity™. Find out more here.
- What services will they be offering?
They will be offering a range of different services from 100MB to 1G. You will be able to choose from internet only to triple play (internet, video and phone).
- Can I sign up for service now?
You can pre-subscribe to service with either Internet Service Provider now.
- How is the project being built?
Using a technology called microtrenching. This is a really fast and efficient way of installing fiber with little disruption.
- Can you fix my driveway cracks?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this service as it is not a city restoration project.
- Do I need a new TV and Computer to receive service?
No you can continue to use your existing TV and computer.
- Can I still park in the street during construction?
Yes, as long as the area isn’t coned off with orange cones. If it is then there is still an activity that needs to be completed. However, it shouldn’t be longer than 24hrs.
- Are Tax payer dollars paying for this?
No. This is a privately funded project with no tax payer’s dollars used.
- Are you building on my property?
No we will not be building on your property.
- What approvals do you have?
We have the full blessing of the city and permits with Public Works.
- Will I receive the same TV channels as before?
You can find out what packages are available with your Internet Service Provider Ting or GigabitNow.
- How long will the construction last on my street?
The construction is fast and your property will be passed within a matter of minutes not hours or days.
- How much will the internet cost?
SiFi Networks doesn’t control pricing but the Internet Service Providers will be competitively priced and provide more choice to Fullerton
- Will fiber be available to every neighborhood in Fullerton?
Once the network is complete fiber will be available to every neighborhood in Fullerton. If you live in a private development your housing association or landlord may need to provide us with additional permissions before we can bring services in.
- Do I need to be at home during the installation of the equipment? If so how long will it take?
Yes there must be someone over the age of 18 at home at the time of installation. Install teams will call you to schedule a time that is convenient for you to come and install your equipment. Installation takes approximately between 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- What happens once I have pre-subscribed?
Your Internet Service Provider will inform you as soon as service is available and an install team will contact you to find out a suitable time to install the equipment.