- What is a fiber network?
Fiber optic networks enable superfast internet, television and phone services to their subscribers upto 50 times faster than the average household in the USA. They also enable numerous next generation services as well as Smart City infrastructure like smart healthcare and education, traffic lights, parking, waste water and many other features which are beneficial to a municipality.
- Can more than one Internet Service Provider utilize the network?
SiFi Networks’ prefers to have more than one Service Provider utilizing the network as this means more choice for the city.
- How long will it take to build?
This is dependent upon a number of factors; allowable construction techniques, permitting processes, number of construction crews at any one time, size of community, local climate and city council support.
- Is SiFi Networks an Internet Service Provider?
No. SiFi Networks funds, build and operates the network, partnering with Internet Service Providers who will deliver next generation services to residents and businesses.
- Does SiFi Networks build their networks under the fiberhood model, building only where pre-registrations justify your investment?
SiFi Networks agrees to offer fiber connectivity to every premise within the city during the build-out to ensure there is no demographic segmentation.
- Will everyone be connected to the network?
A FiberCity™ network passes every single premise throughout an entire city, village or town and allows each premise the option to receive fiber connectivity during the build-out or at a later date.
- What speeds will the network offer?
A FiberCity™ network is built from the outset to enable Internet Service Providers to offer subscribers up to 1 gigabit internet connectivity and multi-gig specialized services.
- How does SiFi Networks decide upon which cities to work with ?
Many factors are analyzed prior to engagement and during discussions with a city. Size, density, competitive landscape and progressive nature of the city are all reviewed in detail.
- Do you use tax payer's dollars to fund your networks?
Each FiberCity™ network constructed is 100% privately financed and is not dependent on tax payer dollars.
- What commitments from the city does SiFi Networks need to build a network?
SiFi Networks requires the municipal public right of way and expedited permitting processes in order to construct a network in any city.
- How future proof is the network and the equipment ?
Each FiberCity™ network is built for tomorrow and not for today, thereby ensuring our infrastructure and continually refreshed equipment is ready to support the increasing and expected demands of next generation services.
- How does SiFi Networks intend to serve areas of the community that are earmarked for new business, housing developments or regeneration projects?
During the initial planning of a FiberCity™ network, SiFi Networks works closely with the Economic Development and Planning departments of your city to understand the city’s Economic Master Plan, ensure all future Greenfield and existing Brownfield sites are catered for in the build-out, as the FiberCity™ network will be an overbuilt infrastructure to support economic development.
- How do I convince SiFi Networks to come to my city ?
Contact us to request a form to complete, we want you to tell us what a FiberCity™ infrastructure would do for your community!
- How can an Internet Service Provider or Carrier access the network?
Please contact us today to find out how to become a Service Provider on one of our networks.